Monday, January 3, 2011

Sydney Danielle born October 20, 2010


We had to be at the hospital at 11:30am. I was having a planned C-section at 1:30 because I had previously had one with Ford. We got checked in at the hospital fairly quickly after arriving. The doctor was running a little bit behind, so they changed my C-section time to 2:00. I was so ready not to be pregnant anymore, therefore I wasn't very nervous. I think Thom was more nervous than me. At 1:45, I walked back to the operating room to prepare for surgery. Thom was not allowed to be in the room with me while I got my epideral. He had to sit in the lobby. The epideral was a terriable experience. It took 6 different tries and 2 different doctors and a long painful 30 minutes. Thom was so worried because none of the nurses updated him on the situation. Finally, Thom was allowed to come into the room and join me for the surgery. At 2:41, the Dr. Rogisky, pull Sydney Danielle out bottom first. It was a total surprise that she was breech baby. I guess that was the reason I kept on feeling a big hard thing (head) in my right rib and kicking on my left rib (feet). It took the doctor forever to sew me back together, but finally after a long 30 minutes I was able to go back to our hospital room. My parents were waiting for me when we got back to the room to meet their new granddaughter. I was so happy it was over and actually felt pretty good.

Sydney Danielle came into this world on Wednesday, October 20 at 2:41pm. She was 18 1/2 inches long and 7 pounds and 2 ounces. She had a little bit of light brown hair and long fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment